Mycoplasma Removal Agent is a broad spectrum antibiotic reagent containing a 4-oxoquinoline-3-carboxylic acid derivative which is highly effective at killing and removing mycoplasma from cell cultures. MRA is a derivative of the quinoline family of antibiotics and eliminates mycoplasma infection (recommended use at a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml) by inhibiting mycoplasma DNA gyrase. It shows strong anti-mycoplasma activity against many types of mycoplasma including Mycoplasma orale, M. arginini, M. hyorhinis and Acholeplasma laidlawii. It is commonly used in tissue culture, where it requires incubation for a week after adding to cell cultures contaminated by mycoplasma.
1. Very effective at removing mycoplasma from infected cell cultures at a low concentration (0.5µg/ml)
2. Maintains cell viability
3. Suitable for use to prevent recontamination of the culture with the original mycoplasma
4. Very easy to use — simply incubate for a week after addition to mycoplasma-contaminated cell cultures
5. Sterility and low cytotoxicity
6. Can be used to prevent initial infection of cells in culture by mycoplasma
7. Compatible with most mammalian cell lines
Storage：4 ℃. Protect from light.
Shelf Life：Store at 4°C for 2 year.